Lowrider Literacies and Fluencies* 10 Point Program 2015
1. Technology: We demand free access to technology and technology instruction, training and applications that meets our community needs.
2. Mechanics: We demand free access to mechanical technology and instruction. By this we mean we want motor vehicle, heavy equipment and other mechanical training and access that meet our community needs.
3. Reading: We demand free access to books that meet our needs. By needs, we mean: Cultural, Political, HIstorical, Language, Social, Psychological, and Health needs. We also demand books in a variety of formats.
4. Writing: We demand free access to writing and publishing technologies as well as the instruction to become fluent with them, and the ability to apply them to our needs.
5. Critical Political Analysis: We demand free access to critical political science analysis instruction, training and applications of this critical thinking to our needs.
6. Social Community Literacy: We demand free access to instruction, training and the application of social and community service and self-development based on our needs.
7. Human Development Health: We demand free access to instruction, training and the application of sound human development principled based on our needs and applied to our communities.
8. Logic: We demand free access to instruction, training and the application of logical analysis and fluency for community members in both informal and formal logic.
9. Self-Defense: We demand free access to instruction, training and the application of self-defense principles, techniques, weapon training, tactical training and the history of self-defense based on our needs.
10. Ends: Educational sell-determination that leads to political self-determination is the goal of all the preceding literacy points.
*Any marginalized individual or group that seeks to mitigate oppressive forces on their community can apply Lowrider Literacy and Fluencies. One need not own a lowrider, nor be Latino.